1.Basic policy for handling personal information
In order to implement the above declaration, we set out rules for protecting personal information, make sure that our workers (not only our employees but also directors, audit & supervisory board members, consultants, temporary workers, and partner companies’ staff working in our company, etc.) and other related parties are familiarized with and faithfully follow the rules, and take measures to ensure that they are maintained and continuously improved.
2.Collection of personal information
We use fair and legal means to collect personal information, and notify or publish details about the purposes of using it.
3.Purpose of using personal information
The information collected in compliance with the rules above is handled only by authorized personnel for specific tasks with the following purposes.
(1) Personal information of customers or business partners
- •Promotion of our products and services including provision of related information (such as catalog delivery)
- •Sales/supply of our products and services, and customer support
- •Product development
- •Fulfillment of contracts
- •Business negotiations, meetings, and other forms of communication
- •Provision of information on seminars, exhibitions, and other events
- •Response to inquiries and requests
- •Surveys and analyses
(2) Personal information of employment applicants
Provision of employment information to applicants and communication with them about selection procedures etc.
In the case of other purposes that are individually notified or published beforehand.
4.Sharing of personal information
We may use the personal information we have on file, such as addresses, names, company names, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, or comments on the inquiry form, jointly with our affiliated companies, our parent company Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. and its affiliated companies. The usage of the information is restricted to the extent appropriate to accomplish the purposes mentioned in the previous article.
5.Management of personal information
(1) In order to ensure the accuracy and safety of personal information, we take measures to prevent unlawful access to or loss, destruction, falsification, leakage, etc. of personal information.
(2) In order to comply with the proper handling of personal information, we mainly take the following security control measures, among other things.
- •We have set forth rules and regulations concerning the confidentiality of personal information in our employment regulations.
- •To ensure the proper handling of personal information, we have established a basic policy regarding "compliance with relevant laws, regulations and guidelines" and "a point of contact to receive questions and complaints."
- •To prevent theft or loss of devices, electronic media, documents, and other items that handle personal information, we require employees to apply for approval when employees need to remove them from the place of business, and thereby keep track of the status of the items removed from the place of business.
6.Provision of personal information
(1) We do not provide personal information to third parties without the consent of the person or unless otherwise provided by laws or regulations with regard to personal information protection.
(2) When we consign the handling of personal information to a third party to the extent appropriate to accomplish the purposes of using the information, we take measures required by laws or regulations to prevent the personal information from leaking from the third party.
7.Specific personal information
Separate measures required by laws or regulations shall be taken to handle specific personal information.
8.Disclosure, correction or no further use of retained personal data
Upon request from the individual to disclose, correct, or stop using their retained personal data, we will respond to it properly in such a way as specified by such individual. Please follow the following procedure when making such request.
- •Please forward your request to: the responsible department in charge of personal information management as specified in “4. Sharing of personal information.”
- •Please forward your request by: filling out the designated form with the required information and sending it by e-mail or postal mail.
①If the individual makes such request:
Please attach a copy of the identity verification document.
②If a representative of the individual
makes such request: Please attach a letter of attorney and copies of documents verifying the identity of the individual and the representative.
Effective on March 1, 2005
Revised on May 30, 2017
Revised on May 25, 2018
Revised on June 23, 2021
Revised on April 1, 2022
Managing Executive Officer,
Chief Personal Data Manager
Sumitomo Wiring Systems, Ltd.
Notice on Sharing Personal Data collected through the Introduction System for Prospective Customers
Please click here to see the latest notice regarding the sharing of personal information
Notice of Sharing Personal Data through the TOPS-MRO Procurement System
Please click here to see the latest notice concerning the sharing of personal information in regard to the procurement system (TOPS-MRO).
Basic Policy regarding Specific Personal Information
Please click here to see the Basic Policy regarding Specific Personal Information
Legal Affairs Department Click here for the inquiry form.