1.Basic policy for handling personal information
In order to implement the above declaration, we set rules for protecting personal information, make sure that our workers (not only our employees but also directors, audit & supervisory board members, consultants, temporary workers, and partner companies’ staff working in our company, etc.) and other related parties are familiarized with and faithfully follow the rules, and take measures to ensure that they are maintained and continuously improved.
2.Collection of personal information
We use fair and legal means to collect personal information, and notify or publish details about the purposes of using it.
3.Purpose of using personal information
The information collected in compliance with the rules above is handled only by authorized personnel for specific tasks with the following purposes.
(1) Personal information of customers or business partners
- •Promotion of our products and services including provision of related information (such as catalog delivery)
- •Sales/supply of our products and services, and customer support
- •Product development
- •Fulfillment of contracts
- •Business negotiations, meetings, and other forms of communication
- •Provision of information on seminars, exhibitions, and other events
- •Response to inquiries and requests
- •Surveys and analyses
(2) Personal information of employment applicants
Provision of employment information to applicants and communication with them about selection procedures etc.
In the case of other purposes that are individually notified or published beforehand.
4.Sharing of personal information
We may use the personal information we have on file, such as addresses, names, company names, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, or comments on the inquiry form, jointly with our affiliated companies, our parent company Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. and its affiliated companies, and our business partners. The usage of the information is restricted to the extent appropriate to accomplish the purposes mentioned in the previous article.
5.Management of personal information
In order to secure the accuracy and safety of personal information, we take measures to prevent unlawful access to or loss, destruction, falsification, leakage, etc. of personal information.
6.Provision of personal information
(1) We do not provide personal information to third parties without the consent of the person or unless otherwise provided by laws or regulations with regard to personal information protection.
(2) When we consign the handling of personal information to a third party to the extent appropriate to accomplish the purposes of using the information, we take measures required by laws or regulations to prevent the personal information from leaking from the third party.
7.Specific personal information
Separate measures required by laws or regulations shall be taken to handle specific personal information.
8.Disclosure, correction or no further use of retained personal data
Upon request from individuals to disclose, correct, or stop using their retained personal data, we will respond to it properly in a manner specified by the company.
Notice on Sharing Personal Data collected through the Introduction System for Prospective Customers
Please click here to see the latest notice regarding the sharing of personal information
Notice of Sharing Personal Data through the TOPS-MRO Procurement System
Please click here to see the latest notice concerning the sharing of personal information in regard to the procurement system (TOPS-MRO).
Legal Affairs Department Click here for the inquiry form.