The Sumitomo Wiring Systems Group practices the “Sumitomo’s Corporate Philosophy,” “Basic Principles of Sumitomo Wiring Systems Group,” and “Sumitomo Wiring Systems Group Charter of Corporate Behavior” that form our corporate principles, and will develop business activities globally based on the “SWS WAY,” the core principle of Sumitomo’s wiring harness business.
The Sumitomo Spirit
Article 1: Sumitomo shall achieve prosperity based on solid foundation by placing prime importance on integrity and sound management in the conduct of its business.
Article 2 : Sumitomo's business interest must always be in harmony with public interest; Sumitomo shall adapt to good times and bad times but will not pursue immoral business.
(Quoted from the Sumitomo Goshi Kaisha Administrative Regulations formulated in 1928)
This word means "do your sincere best, not only in business, but also in every aspect of your life." Sumitomo personnel are expected to work not only to make money, but also to cultivate their character and grow into better human beings.
This word emphasizes the importance of integrity, that is, being worthy of the trust of others.
This word speaks of the importance of working proactively, pursuing profit by quickly and appropriately responding to changes in society and not being content with the status quo. At the same time, it emphasizes the importance of harmonizing business gains with the public interest and scorns reckless or careless actions in pursuit of easy gain. While furi means easy, temporary or short-term gain, the term also implies unfair profit obtained through dishonest means.
In addition, the Sumitomo Spirit also indudes the following principles.
- "Attaching Importance to Technology"
- "Respect for Human Resources"
- "Long-Range Planning"
- "Mutual Prosperity, Respect for the Public Good"
Sumitomo Wiring Systems Group Basic Principles
In the spirit of "Connect with the Best," we at "SWS Group" are committed to:
- Contributing to the global community through the success of business,
- Realizing customer satisfaction through high standards of service,
- Developing the prospective future through creation and innovation,
- Preserving corporate ethics based on integrity and trust, and
- Respecting individuality and nurturing a vigorous and prosperous corporate culture.
Sumitomo Wiring Systems Group Charter of Corporate Behavior
1. Provision of excellent products and services
We shall provide excellent products and services that are socially useful and safe to satisfy customers in all aspects including quality and costs.
- 「SE+We shall pursue provision of products and services that satisfy customers in all aspects of SE + QCDD.
- We shall strive to establish the system where we can quickly and adequately cope with any risks that may occur during business activities, such as natural disasters, incidents or accidents.
2. Development of new, original business and products
We shall devote ourselves to developing new, original, profitable business and products by understanding the customers' needs and demonstrating our surpassing creativity.
- We shall constantly explore the customers' needs, then develop and present proactive suggestions to quickly meet their needs.
3. Global business expansion, and growth and development of the Group
We shall always engage in business from a global point of view, and strive for continuous growth and development of the Group, fully utilizing the dynamism of our group management.
- We shall promote business activities from the best viewpoint for the entire group.
- We shall promote quick and accurate global information sharing.
4. Consideration for global environment
We shall act in a voluntary and proactive manner for global environment preservation, and contribute to the establishment of a sustainable society.
- We shall promote the development of products, technologies, and production engineering that can reduce the environmental load.
- We shall comply with environmental regulations, implement environment preservation plans, and promote environmental preservation activities through exchanges with local communities.
5. Observance of laws and regulations
We shall strictly observe domestic and international laws and regulations, and always act fairly and openly.
- We shall observe anti-bribery regulations in each nation, and maintain an honest and fair relationship with government agencies and public authorities.
- When exporting products or technologies, we shall implement appropriate procedures and management, complying with laws and regulations in each nation.
- We shall appropriately use or manage confidential information (e.g. own or a third party's management/technical information), tangible/intangible assets, and personal information.
6. Fair and appropriate business activities
We shall promote fair, transparent, free competition and legitimate trade.
- We shall observe competition laws in each nation, and compete fairly and freely.
- We shall select our business partners fairly and impartially based on the principle of competition, and provide candidates with equal opportunities, regardless of their nationality and size.
7. Action with awareness as members of society
We shall act with awareness as members of society to create a better society, and make great contributions to society.
- We shall take a strong stand against any antisocial forces or groups that threaten public order and security.
- We shall implement social contribution activities, aiming at coexistence with society.
8. Harmony with international society
We shall aim to be a global company trusted by international society.
- We shall respect the cultures and customs in each nation or region, and contribute to the development of the economy and society.
9. Establishment of pleasant working environment and cultivation of personnel
We shall protect human rights, respect individuals, make an effort to create a bright and energized working environment, and stimulate the personal growth of each individual.
- We shall strive to provide a working environment where employees can work in a safe and healthy manner.
- We shall respect employees' diversity, personality, and uniqueness, and support their career development or competence development leading to self-fulfillment.
- We shall not discriminate against employees, and handle their wage, working hours, and other working conditions lawfully and fairly.
- We shall not use or tolerate any forced or child labor.
- We shall recognize our employees' right to associate or right not to associate, complying with laws and regulations in each nation.
10. Appropriate information disclosure and promotion of communication
We shall strive to build and develop a trusting relationship with communities through appropriate information disclosure and promotion of communication.
- We shall appropriately disclose our corporate information for our stakeholders.
- We shall strive to promote communication with communities through public relations, public hearings etc.