SWS News FY 2017
October 30, 2017
Sumitomo Wiring Systems, Ltd.
Notice of SWS Tsu Plant being awarded the "Chairman's Award of Japan Greenery Research and Development Center"
It has been decided that Sumitomo Wiring Systems, Ltd. (SWS) (Head office: Yokkaichi City, Mie Prefecture, President: Fumiyoshi Kawai) Tsu Plant (Location: 530-1, Ninomi-cho, Tsu City, Mie Prefecture, General Manager: Hisao Aimatsu) will be awarded the "Chairman's Award of Japan Greenery Research and Development Center" (*) from the Japan Greenery Research and Development Center.
This is the first time for us, SWS, to receive this Award, and the first time in five years as a business entity in Mie Prefecture.
The Tsu Plant is engaged in the arrangement of green spaces and flowerbeds in harmony with the surrounding landscape, and is implementing CSR activities, such as opening part of those green spaces to regional communities as an athletic field. In addition, the Tsu Plant has been promoting the employment of the disabled, and the green spaces of the Plant are managed by disabled employees. These activities are highly regarded, resulting in the honor of receiving the Award.
The Tsu Plant will be commended in the National Factory Greenery Promotion Conference held by the Japan Greenery Research and Development Center as outlined below. SWS will then pay a courtesy call to the Governor of Mie Prefecture to report the award.
[Outline of 36th National Factory Greenery Promotion Conference]
1. Date and time : 14:00 to 17:00 on Wednesday, November 1, 2017
2. Location : Ishigaki Memorial Hall (Location: 9-13 1-chome Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo)
3. Organized by : Japan Greenery Research and Development Center
4. Details : Greeting by organizer, complementary address, commendation of excellent greenery factories, etc.
[Outline of courtesy call to Governor of Mie Prefecture to report award]
1. Date and time : 15:30 to 15:45 on Monday, November 6, 2017
2. Location : Presentation Room, 3rd floor of prefectural government building
3. Reported by : Hidekazu Azuma, Director / Senior Managing Executive Officer, SWS
Hisao Aimatsu, General Manager, Tsu Plant
4. Details : Award reporting, complementary address by Governor of Mie Prefecture, taking ceremonial photograph, Q&A
In light of the intention of the Factory Location Act, we will continue to devote ourselves to promoting factory greenery and improving the environment inside and outside of the factory.
(*) The "Chairman's Award of Japan Greenery Research and Development Center" is awarded for "factories and laboratories relevant to manufacturing business that attained outstanding achievements in the improvement of living environment in neighboring regions by making a progressive effort to promote factory greenery, and groups or individuals that attained outstanding achievements in the promotion of factory greenery, public awareness and enlightenment. (Excerpted from webpage of Japan Greenery Research and Development Center)