Sumitomo Wiring Systems, Ltd. (SWS) recognizes the importance of protecting personal data in today's sophisticated information and telecommunications society and we strive to protect personal data under the following policy.
1. Acquisition of Personal Data
- SWS obtains personal data through legal and fair means.
2. Use of Personal Data
- SWS uses personal data within the scope of the intended purposes that are indicated at the time of the acquisition and only if personal data is needed to implement our operations.
3. Provision of Personal Data to Third Parties
- SWS does not provide personal data to third parties except with the prior consent of the customer from whom the personal data was obtained or when the law prescribes the provision.
4. Control of Personal Data
- ! To prevent the loss, destruction, falsification, or leakage of personal data, SWS takes reasonable information security measures against unauthorized access or computer viruses.
5. Disclosure, Correction, Cessation of Use, or Deletion of Personal Data
- SWS recognizes that the customer from whom the personal data was obtained has the right to request the disclosure, correction, cessation of use, or deletion of his/her own personal data. If such requests are made, SWS will promptly investigate the facts and deal with the requests appropriately.
6. Organization and Structure
- SWS appoints personal data supervisors and managers to properly control personal data.
7. In-House Education Activities
- To implement this policy, SWS formulates the Personal Data Protection Regulations and the Personal Data Protection Manual in order to develop educational activities for our employees and other stakeholders.
8. Contact for Personal Data
- For complaints, consultations, or requests about our treatment of personal data, please contact our department for personal data.
[Contact for personal data: General Affairs Department